St. George Area Economic Development is a collaborative organization led by business and community leaders to strengthen and develop Southern Utah’s economy. Our objective is to be a catalyst for prosperity that is robust, sustainable, and in tune with the spirited cultural environment of Southern Utah.
Our organization is focused on pursuing the future while honoring our roots. We’re reaching out to companies and industries that can help us diversify our economy as we preserve the warmth of our culture. Lasting success is our goal. Doing it right is our promise.
Southern Utah was built on ingenuity. Our residents already have a track record of innovating and blazing new trails. Many of our home-grown businesses have made significant contributions to in their respective fields. This pioneering spirit will propel us forward as we expand our current economy.
What We Do
- When corporations inquire about the possibility of relocating to the St. George Area, we provide them with key information on which to base their decision. This may include demographic, tax, transportation information, utility information, and more.
- By working with municipalities, we help ensure plans and policies are business-friendly and provide fertile ground for business growth.
- We support and create initiatives that cultivate a pipeline of local residents both educated and interested in technology and entrepreneurship.
- We actively recruit stable and growing technology companies. As part of these efforts, we will continue to support city development projects that make the St. George Area an attractive business destination.
- We show outside businesses the benefits of living and working in the St. George Area. We accomplish this by executing promotional campaigns and events, such as the St. George Area Economic Summit. We also conduct tours and facilitate meetings between outside business owners and local leaders relevant to the outside companies’ needs.
- The St. George Area Economic Development office has put on the economic summit for 20 years. It helps us promote our community to businesses and create new advocates for economic growth.
- We focus on retaining corporations that are already here. One way we do that is by looking for ways to assist them through purposeful outreach and cooperation. By acting upon what we learn, we help ensure a favorable environment for businesses to grow so they can continue to call the St. George area home.