Marriage Information

Marriage licenses can be obtained from the Washington County Clerk’s Office:

197 East Tabernacle
St. George, Utah 84770
(435) 634-5712
Office hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
(4:30 is the latest time that we will process a marriage license)

Click here to download Marriage License Application

How to Apply

Both parties must appear at the County Clerk’s Office with proof of age, proper identification, and pay a license fee of $35 by check, cash, money order, debit or credit card. The license fee is non-refundable and includes one certified copy.

Identification and proof of age is required of all persons.

If a divorce has been granted within the last six months, you need to provide a certified copy of the divorce decree.

When to Apply

Both parties need to be present with required documents. A marriage license is then issued and becomes effective immediately but must be used within 30 days from the date of purchase, at which time the license expires. Refunds and extensions cannot be granted. A license issued in Washington County may be used in any county in the State of Utah.

Minors Requesting a Marriage License

A minor must obtain consent from a parent or legal guardian. A parent or legal guardian must give sworn consent in person at the time of application and must have proper identification. If the parents of the minor are divorced, consent shall be given by the parent having legal custody of the minor by presenting court documentation and an oath of affirmation to the clerk. If the parents of the minor are divorced and have been awarded joint custody of the minor, consent shall be given by the parent having physical custody of the minor the majority of the time as evidenced by an oath of affirmation to the clerk. If the minor is not in the custody of a parent, the legal guardian shall provide the consent and proof of guardianship by court order as well as an oath of affirmation. A certified birth certificate of the minor must also be provided.

Individuals who are 16 or 17 years of age requesting a marriage license must provide a certified birth certificate, have parental consent, and appear in the Clerk’s Office to obtain paperwork that will be taken to the Juvenile Court. They must obtain written authorization from a Judge of the court exercising juvenile jurisdiction in the County where they reside. NOTE: There may not be more than 7 years in age difference between spouses. The judge or court commissioner may require that both parties to the marriage, complete premarital counseling. This requirement may be waived if premarital counseling is not reasonably available.

A marriage license may be issued at the age of 18 years or above without parental consent. Individuals requesting a marriage license must provide one of the following: a valid drivers’ license, identification card or passport.

Certified Copies

Additional certified copies of your marriage license are available upon request in-person, online, over-the-phone or by mail.

Online Purchase Instructions:

  1. Please search and confirm marriage record exists before paying online
  2. After confirming record exists, you may Pay Online

If requesting by mail, please include:

  • Name of person requesting copy
  • Address where applicant wants license mailed
  • Name of applicants (name used by the woman at the time of application)
  • Date and place of marriage
  • License number if possible
  • $9 check or money order ($5 for each additional copy) payable to: Washington County Clerk
Officiants in Washington County
Reverend Al Reed
Hurricane, UT
(435) 632-3372
Justice Court Judge Karlin Myers
80 S 700 W
Hurricane, UT 84737
(435) 635-4072
Justice Court Judge Lee Bunnell
111 N 100 E
Washington, UT 84780
(435) 656-6350
(435) 680-1397 (mobile)
Chaplain Luigi Persichetti
(435) 674-0335
(435) 229-7242 (mobile)
Send an email
Elizabeth Davila
St George, UT
(435) 669-3546
Send an email
Mary Lynn McFadden
St George, UT
(435) 229-1061
Send an email
Patricia Sheffield
(435) 632-4272
Send an email
Judge Thad D Seegmiller (Justice Court)
111 N 100 E
Washington, UT 84780
(435) 656-6350
Official Washington County Marriage Officiant Designees
Minister Jan Bush
(801) 557-6367
Minister Stephen Masefield
Springdale, UT
(435) 632-8223
Send an email
Minister Linda Stay
St. George, UT
(435) 674-0994
Send an email
Minister Steven Stay
St. George, UT
(435) 229-8005
Send an email
Lily Staats Ofcarcik
Ivins, UT
(435) 216-6407
Send an email
James Michael Wolken
Springdale, UT
(435) 669-4471
Send an email
Stella Craig
St. George, UT
(435) 215-3117
Send an email
B. Chris Bloxham
Santa Clara, UT
(435) 229-4383
Send an email
Reverend Thomas Smith
St. George, UT
(435) 652-4027
Reverend Christopher Thomas Scuderi
Salt Lake City, UT
(801) 577-0542
Send an email
Carol Christensen
St. George, UT
(801) 859-2440
Send an email
Minister Kent Harrison Hayes
Irvins, UT
(818) 209-0330
Send an email
Cristina Benitez Bosley
(bilingual in English & Spanish)
St. George, UT
(435) 525-1208
Send an email
Michael J Foley
St. George, UT
(435) 669-9133
Send an email
Michael Kelly
Santa Clara, UT
(435) 256-0850
Send an email
Natasha D Daniels
St. George, UT
(435) 703-3431
Send an email
Officiants in Utah

Any ordained minister who is at least 18 years of age, Native American spiritual advisors, the Governor, Mayors, Justices of the Peace, Judges or Commissioners, County Clerks, President of the Senate, Speaker of the House of Representatives, retired Judges or Magistrates, U.S. Judges or Magistrates may perform weddings.