We have a YouTube video that shows an in-depth look at how ballots are processed by counties in Utah.
Washington County Road Department
Chip Seal Schedule 2020
- Monday, August 24, 2020: Chip sealing roads in Town of Pine Valley. NO road closures but delays should be expected.
- Tuesday, August 25, 2020 : Chip sealing roads in the Town of Pine Valley. NO road closures but delays should be expected.
- Wednesday, August 26, 2020 : Chip sealing Old Highway 91 beginning at the AZ / UT State line and working towards the Gunlock Rd intersection.
- Thursday, August 27, 2020 : Chip sealing Old Highway 91 from the AZ / UT State Line working towards the Gunlock Road Intersection.
- Monday, August 31, 2020 thru Thursday, September 03, 2020: Old Highway 91 from AZ / UT State Line working towards Gunlock RD intersection and Apex Mine Road.
There will be NO road closures, but flaggers and pilot cars will be used every day. Traffic may be limited to one lane at a time and drivers should expect delays.
Telling the Bureau of Land Management you support the Northern Corridor is now faster and easier than ever with our new public comment form! Just click the link to leave a comment! You can use our pre-created template or write one of your own.
Traffic modeling shows that without the Northern Corridor, over the next 20 years, drive times could double and more than 60 existing intersections would “fail” during busy times of the day. Transportation engineers have been adamant for nearly 30 years that the road, which would connect Interstate 15 to State Route 18 via Washington Parkway and Red Hills Parkway, must be built. The Roadway would accommodate anticipated traffic demand and would reduce traffic delays by 300,000 hours per year beyond 2040.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP)
Washington County is seeking proposals from benefit providers to partner with the County for its employee benefits programs. Proposals from brokers/agents/consultants/companies (hereinafter Bidder) must have prior experience working with self-funded entities.
For employee benefits, this covers: employee benefit design, benefit administration, consulting and brokerage services, and strategic direction. The objective is to improve the design of the benefits package, as well as the employee experience with an online delivery of benefits within a sustainable and affordable cost package to both employees and Washington County.
Proposals will be accepted until by 5:00 PM MDT on August 27th, 2020. Submittals and requests for information relative to this Request for Proposal should be sent to:
Johnathan Liddle Washington County Director of Human Resources 111 E. Tabernacle St. George, UT 84770 Johnathan.Liddle@washco.utah.gov (Google Maps)
Claims history information is being provided in order to obtain estimates on comparable costs with each Bidder.
Come and watch as the Grand Marshall, County Royalty and City Princesses usher in a myriad of floats, marching bands, horses and more! Spectator involvement might get you a demolition derby ticket or other prizes and a lot of fun!
Followed by a Fair Kickoff Party at Veterans Park (Google Maps). Free inflatables, giveaways, treats, and music!
Fairgrounds, Exhibits and Carnival open:
- Wednesday, August 5th, at 6:00 pm
- Thursday, August 6th, at 12:00 pm
- Friday, August 7th, at 12:00 pm
- Saturday, August 8th, at 12:00 pm
See you at the Fair!
The Notice of Property Valuation and Tax Changes is mailed annually to all property owners in Washington County and indicates the current real property market value, estimated taxes, and tax entities’ hearing schedules. (If a tax increase is proposed by a taxing entity, a date and time will be shown.)
This document is extremely important and provides taxpayers with a yearly accounting of their current market value, property classification and instructions for appealing market value to the Board of Equalization.