REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Washington County is seeking proposals for the removal of deadfall and deceased trees in Confluence Park, located in La Verkin Utah.
A 5-acre fire burned several cottonwood trees and extensive understory near the historic Power Station in fall of 2019. The area of most concern can be viewed from above at the overlook at the end of 210 South in La Verkin, UT; the stairs can be used to go down for an even closer look. Alternately, a file containing georeferenced images of areas of concern can be viewed at:
Please see attached figures showing the exact location of the trees needing to be removed.
Approximately 50-80 small to large trees and deadfall need to be removed from the park. The selected bidder would be given access to enter the park from below in order to bring trucks and equipment to the site location. Contractor will need to coordinate with local fire officials while using any equipment that may cause fires. Because this project is a part of a grant with a tight deadline, the job must be guaranteed to be completed by January 7, 2022.
Proposal must include the following in their scope of services:
- Anticipated schedule or timeline of activities.
- Cost breakout for all materials and labor.
- Steps that would be taken to ensure fire risk is minimized during work.
- Any donations or in-kind services included in your proposal.
Proposals shall be rated according to the following criteria:
- Understanding of the project’s scope of services;
- Presentation of a reasonable time schedule;
- Professional qualifications and experience with similar projects;
- Charged rate/costs for services, including consideration of in-kind services or donations;
- Ability to work in harmony with Washington County, its partners and the public;
- Completeness, conciseness, and clarity of the response to this RFP.
SUBMITTAL PROCEDURE / TIMELINE
Proposals must be submitted bearing the title ‘Removal of dead trees in Confluence Park’ and received no later than November 7, 2021. Proposals may be submitted by email or mailed in sealed envelopes to:
Washington County HCP 197 E. Tabernacle St. St. George, UT 84770 (Google Maps) Email: email@example.com
For additional information, please contact:
Cameron Rognan HCP Administrator Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: (435) 256-6310 Cell: (435) 705-4431 180 N 200 E #111 St. George, UT 84770 (Google Maps)