This is an opportunity for a qualified artist to design and create a sculpture to be located at the Washington County Legacy Park, south of the flag pole heading towards the Indoor Arena.
- Description of Physical Layout — The proposed sculpture will be located near the flag pole heading towards the Indoor Arena located at the Washington County Legacy Park.
- Architectural Considerations — The artwork should complement the nature of the space and the historic fairgrounds.
The artist retains ownership of design ideas submitted with the proposal until a selection has been made and a contract signed. Once a proposal has been selected and a contract awarded, the selected artwork will be owned by Washington County, and images of the art may be used in publicity for Washington County. This Request for Proposals does not constitute a contract. The County reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal and may elect not to proceed with any proposal.
Proposals will be evaluated by a committee appointed by the Washington County Commission, which may include commission members, county officials and staff members, artists, and community representatives with knowledge and interest related to this project. Proposals will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Artistic merit of the proposal
- Thematic appropriateness
- Appropriateness to the site
- Artist’s skill and experience
Proposal Submittal Procedure
Please submit proposals by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, August 22, 2016. Download the RFP Checklist and Certificate and follow the instructions. The following materials should be submitted for a complete proposal:
- RFP Checklist and Certificate — Complete a proposal checklist and sign the certificate. The certificate acknowledges that the artist is 18 years of age or older, that all art submitted is the product of the artist’s hand as represented, and that if the artist’s proposal is selected, the artwork produced will be owned by Washington County and may be used in publicity for Washington County.
- Project Description — Provide a visual depiction of the proposed sculpture and describe how it aesthetically and thematically complements the Washington County Legacy Park.
- Project Budget — Detail the total costs associated with your proposal, including costs of design, labor, materials, and fabrication.
- Time Frame/Work Plan — Provide a brief outline of the steps involved in completing the proposed sculpture with the time requirements included.
- Bio or Resume — Provide any information on previously related experience not to exceed three pages.
Proposals will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on August 22, 2016 at:
Washington County Administration Building 111 East Tabernacle St. George, UT 84770 (Google Maps)
Questions regarding the proposal may be directed to:
Nicholle Felshaw Commission Administrator Washington County of Utah 435-301-7000 Send a Message